Here's Ezra, enjoying his first experience with the sand. He was reluctant to get off the blanket at first, but he quickly warmed up to the idea of getting dirty.
Adam and Jarom are feeling the water. There were little creatures that would bite at your feet if you kept them burried in the sand for too long. Ouch! They hurt a little. Kept us hopping.
Jarom made a futile effort to dig a hole in the water. The funny thing was, Adam tripped in the hole that Jarom dug and face planted into the water-- twice. I guess it was possible to dig a hole in the water.
Aaaaaaahhhhh! Where did Kristen's feet go? No big deal, she felt them get bitten off.
Summer and Ezra go to catch a big wave.
Ezra gets brave by himself at the edge of the waves!
Jenna, pretty in orange, enjoying the little river.
Ezra loves the sand.
Jarom catches a wave in the little net.
Summer and Ezra playing in the waves. Glad it was Summer out there in the freezing water and not me (mom).
More digging.
Kimberly burried in a hole with a cute hat.
Ezra sneeking a drink from Jenna's cup. Look at the sand caked on his face. Poor baby. He was happy as a clam all day, though.
WOW! Kimee makes a HUGE bubble. She was really good at making big ones. I guess she has a nice, steady hand.
Oh no! Kimee!! Where did your body go?
Here's Kevin. Notice the breadstick in his mouth-- very important when you see the next picture. . .
That stick is NOT made out of bread.
We had a really wonderful time at the beach. It was a beautiful day and filled with great friends and good fun. We wish you all could have been there. We went to Mo's Restraunt for some chowder for dinner before we went home. While there, we laughed at some of the funny "rules" we make up for our kids. Our two favorites for the evening were "Don't floss your teeth with your knife." and "Don't use your bread as your napkin." It seems like common sense, but for some strange reason as a parent, we find ourselves making up all kinds of strange rules. Keeps us laughing and on our toes, I suppose.
4 comments:
Very much fun!!! I enjoyed myself. (And by the way, I ran the mile and a half, too!!!)
This looks like a WONDERFUL day at the beach! What a ton of fun.
Jarom has the stick-to-i-tivity of someone who will be successful in life........and TONS of energy to go with it.
Everyone looked beautiful, even sand incrusted Ezra!!
What fun
Wow what fun! Oh I miss the beach!!! I do hate the sand sticking everywhere though- to scalps especially. Those were awesome bubbles too. Nice job running that far both of you. I do not have the stamina for that! Maybe someday soon.....
I'm still working on having enough stamina to make it through a day!
I do love the beach. That sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment