Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

The local park set up an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday. Here are Jarom and Adam getting ready for the event. Time to go when the fire engine sounded. Whoooooo Whoooooooooooooo

Ezra really just wanted to eat a piece of candy and hold on to a stick. He carried a stick the entire time. In fact he saw the firemen several times throughout the day and always had the same stick with him. What can I say-- he's a little boy!
Jarom got a nice loot!

After the Easter Egg hunt we came home had were cleaning and preparing food for Easter Dinner the next day. The kids were also working on making Easter Bunny bags for their "baskets." I noticed after about 10 minutes that it was pretty quiet and I hadn't seen Ezra in a while. Ah Oh! Lance had been through 4 hours of oral surgery on Friday and was alseep, so my first thought was that perhaps Ezra was cuddling with daddy-- as he often does. This is what I found:




Ezra had fallen asleep at the foot of my bed on the floor. He has never done anything like that before. It scared me half to death, I thought maybe he was dead-- or at least really sick. He was breathing fine. I picked him up and put him on my bed where he slept the next two hours. I actually woke him up to go to an Easter party at the Kneeland's.


Here we are batting at the pinata egg at the Kneeland's.






















We finally had to break out the "Big Guns!!"

I hid the kid's Easter Baskets this morning and wound string from their bed's to the baskets. I did not get a picture of the string all overthe house, but I love what they did with the string afterwards. Here is Jarom with a beard:


I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. We had some fun. I also spoke in church, sang in the choir, did sharing time, lead the music at Seth Pond's baptism, and made a potato salad, deviled eggs, and an orange marmalade cake for Easter Dinner at the Ponds'. A good, fun, spiritual day.
If you'd like a copy of my talk, e-mail me and I will send it.












5 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a great (and busy) Easter. I can't imagine doing a talk on top of all the other Easter things. Seeing your pictures reminds me how Easter is usually damp and wet in Oregon. Sometimes I really miss that.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Everything looks fun.......:) Wish I had been there to enjoy the day, too. I love Jarom's beard, and I am so glad Ezra was not sick {or dead.....of course!!!} Kind of a scary thing. I love you all. I also love to see Summer helping Ezra. I think that is so sweet.

Lori Thornbrue said...

I was just looking again at the pictures, and the picture of Jarom with this 'loot'.....I don't know, somehow the look on his face or something, just really made me miss that little boy! I sure love him.

Michaelangelo said...

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! I seriously need to upload the photos from our weekend in Idaho, but we've been too busy this week. Such is life.
How fun to have an Easter pinata! What a great idea :)
WOW you were busy on Sunday! I really enjoyed your talk!

Lisa Thornbrue said...

I love all of your pictures. Jarom's expression at the start of the Eater egg hunt is hilarious. Cute, cute people.