
Merilee braved the elements and took Summer and Dylan and their friends Kameron and Kamile to Mt Hood. We also had the Kneeland and Botofan families with us. It was a beautiful day to go play in the snow.

Kamile makes a beautiful snow angel.

Rally the troops and dig in the trenches, prepare for WAR! You can't see very well, but Summer is in the hole the kids dug for their snow ball fight against the parents. Deep hole!

Tracy and baby Jenna enjoying the wonderful time on the mountain.

Eric and Adam take a trek through the woods. It was much easier for Adam to stay on top of the snow. So many times we all ended up in snow to our hips. It made for exhausting hiking.

Kamile has a glorious crash landing at the end of the run.

All four kids made it safely down the hill-- this time! Notice Haley in the background eating the snowman!!

You should have seen the size of the mushrooms up there. I think they are poisonous.

Summer found a cave already made by a tree. There were icicle treats hanging inside.

Haley loved to eat the snow! We hope it was clean!!
11 comments:
Wow, what a fun and thrilling day!! Did you ever find any snow boots, or just go with cold toes?
Everyone looks like they had a great time. Unfortunately, we don't have to drive to Mount Hood, we just have to step outside. I just heard today that it is supposed to snow on Wed. again. This is the never ending winter...I walked about a half mile up the road, and then back home.....I thought my cheeks were going to have frostbite! Nice that you can go and play and have such a fun day, and then go home to green grass and nearly daffodils! Hugs all around. Mom
I take back what I said about our getting more snow on Wed. I just looked at the weather report....it is to snow on Thurs, Friday and a big storm again on Saturday.....!!
More good books, more hot chocolate.
However, your fun snow day looks like it was a PERFECT day of happy memories. I am SO glad!! Thanks for sharing.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! We've missed being able to go to the mountains and play this winter... too bad since they have record snow! Michael would LOVE to go snowboarding, but a wife on bed rest and whiplash kind of prevented that this year. Looks like it was a beautiful and fun day for you though! I like the mushroom head. :)
PS If you are wondering where Lance, Jarom, and Ezra were-- Lance took one for the team and stayed home with Jarom who had a fever. Poor baby. He is one sick little guy.
Oh, I am sorry Jarom is sick.....!!! Get well quick, Jarom. And I know Summer's birthday is in Sept., but the quilt had a gazillion little pieces, who knew it would be done in February?
:)
I'm jealous of the fun in the snow! I definietly miss the mountains and the snow too. Folks around here just don't understand and most move here just to get away from it...can you believe that nonsense? Well, whatever, I figure the more of them that move away, the more mountain I have to enjoy :) I loved the photos!
Meri,
I am so excited you are going to be coming, even if I am not going to be home for most of your trip. It will still be tons of fun with Annie/Michael......and I am SO thankful you will be here for Kristen to play with while she is on Spring Break....The toys are all organized and ready to play with.....Dad will LOVE having you here so he won't be lonely while I am gone. Hurrah......perhaps not ideal, but will actually work out so well, and take some worry off of my mind. My little lifesavor Meri. Hugs. Mom
I have been checking your blog. Just no time to comment. My kids are totally jealous of the snow!
Mer-
Yup, I think that your 'snow' post is probably funner to look at than kids and husbands lying on the sofa with temperatures......We all are glad you are on the mend, and we pray that Ezra escapes the flu. They said that here in Utah it is at a pandemic level, and really bad. There have actually been quite a few flu deaths in Utah's elderly population.
How is the family health??? Is Ezra escaping? Is Lance feeling better? I hope so.
Take care.........get well.....
What fun! We never did get out to play in the snow this year, but Joshua liked seeing it, anyway. Next year...
Post a Comment