Saturday, May 10, 2008

Track Stars

The Oregon City High School track team hosted a "Little Legs" Invitational for kids that wanted to come show off their skills on a real track field. The day started with the high jump. Dylan did not want to do it at first, but I talked him into it. He had really good form at the beginning. . .






. . . and then he chose a more unorthodox approach. It looked a lot like Superman with a bit of acrobatics. He managed to make it work until the second to the last heat.




Summer chose a high-hurdle approach! She made it over the bar this time buy the skin of her teeth. I think her shoe laces touched, but the bar stayed on!!


Oops! Not quite that time!! It was lots of fun to flop on the big mat anyway!!


On to Javalin-- Nerf style. Jarom was able to participate in this event as well. There is a cute video of him throwing his javalin all of 4 feet. I think that Dylan's personal best was over 41 feet and Summer's was 23'1''.


Next came long jump. Everyone thought that Jarom was adorable pumping his little arm so fast down the track, only to "jump" barely into the sand. There is video of this as well at the bottom.

Dylan does the long-jump, too. He jumped far, but usually took off too early. Summer did not want to get sand in her shoes.

Off to the shot-put. Summer is concentrating very hard on having good form for this event. It's NOT a baseball, that's for sure.


Dyaln heaves the ball as well!




With the field events done, it is time to move onto the track. Summer and Dyaln both did the 100m and the 200m. Dyaln also ran the 4X4 Relay and the 400m and the hurdles. He took first place in the 200m and the hurdles. I am not sure if his team won the relay, but he started the race for his team and CREAMED the competition. The 400m was a good race as well. He took 2nd by a nose and could have won, but stopped "racing" 2 feet before the finish line. Oh well!! He was also 2nd place in the 100m. Summer didn't win any races, but she looked beautiful and had fun!

Here is Dylan running the hurdles. They were such cute little hurdles made from PVC pipe. I was thrilled that I got such a good picture. I only had one chance.


It was a really fun day. I did not take any pictures of Ezra, but he had fun in the baby back pack for a while and then loved to crawl on the turf on the field. Jarom spent the entire track time in the sand from the long-jump. Lance was able to join us after his school field trip and watched as Dyaln took 1st in the 200m (which he origianlly was not going to run!!) I was especially glad that I am finally starting to feel better and could spend the day up and enjoying the family. This illness has really gotten me down for the past 2 weeks. No fun. I went to my friend's gym last night and sat in the steam room. That seemed to help. Well, that and my steady dose of nasal decongestant and Tylenol today. . . A fun day anyway!!




5 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

This is so grand, it puts me there. Thanks so much. I love it all.

Allie Thornbrue said...

What great pictures. I love the one of Jarom doing the long jump.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Lisa doesn't comment much, but she sure enjoys looking at them, and sharing them with her roommate. She can't wait to see everyone.

Michaelangelo said...

That looks like such a fun day!!! How cool that they did that program! I think Dylan will be a star athlete in track! How fun :) and cute videos!

angel said...

Way to go, champs! It sounds like such a fun day!