Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Congratulations, Lance!!

Grandpa Dale told Lance when he started school a little later than traditional college students, "Either you will be 33 and graduating college, or you will just be 33." We are very proud to announce that Lance is not just 33. He earned his Bachelors of Science in Finance from Portland State University. He graduated with honors. Way to go, Babe!!

Lance has also been accepted to the University of Wales for the MBA program. He will start in October. It is mostly online, with one week requirement to be in Switzerland for classes. (So sad!!) The school is ranked amongst the top, world-wide, for their MBA program. We are nervous and excited. It will be a lot of work, but worth it in the end.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Congrats! I can't wait to see the Switzerland trip. . . that may make me wanna go back to school!

Lori Thornbrue said...

That is SO great! Congratulations!

Lori Thornbrue said...

And, Merilee, you did not cause me anything but JOY every single day of your life.......
I was sad for you when Maggie wasn't your friend anymore and a few other 'sad' days because others are 'dumb', but ALL of you brought us nothing but joy and laughter every day. I loved you so much then. I love you even more now. The 'hole in the heart from missing you' is large.....stretched to portland and back many times a day.
Hugs, love, kisses and prayers.

Lori Thornbrue said...

One more comment.....it is the University of Wales......!!

Michaelangelo said...

WOW! Congratulations Lance! You've put in a lot of hard work and it's paying off! I had no idea you were going to do your MBA! And when you go to Switzerland I think we should make it a month long family vacation! We'll start saving our pennies :) Really though, great job!

HAHAHA! Great catch Mom!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Merilee, your mommy loves you.

Lisa Thornbrue said...

CCCCOOOOOLLLLLLL!