Sunday, September 27, 2009

Free Kids Day and the Fair

Hmmmmmm. . . paint the doors in my house OR take the kids to FREE kids day at the Fair. . .

Yep, lets go the the Fair!!


Cute little piglets!!
When the momma pig was done nursing, she just rolled over onto her stomach. She did not give them very long to nurse. It was pretty interesting to watch.

Can you imagine riding in a stage-coach with 9 grown adults in the HOT, dusty plains? I feel very sorry for those that rode in the middle with no back rest. I imagine it was pretty smelly, too. Both from human BO and from the horses. No, I much prefer my nice minivan, thanks.

Here's a one man band. He was pretty entertaining for the kids. They got to participate in a parade with musical instruments.



Robot face paint!

A dragon!

A firetruck!

Fun friends to go to the fair with us!!


The fair also had an exotic animal display. There were some very neat things like a tiger and other large cats, a porcupine, and a large reptile exhibit. It was as good as going to the zoo.


Petting the tortoise.

This picture is not the greatest because of the scratched glass, but this is a snapping turtle. The tongue of the snapping turtle looks like a wiggling worm in mud. The turtle uses this to catch fish and other prey. It was really disgusting looking.

This is a toad. It is HUGE.












3 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Wow, way fun. I want to go too! I definitely need to add 'something fun' to my menu to get back the proper life perspective. Looks fun. Little pigs are kind of cute, the big one: Not so much. And the snapping turtle. Well, let's just say I wouldn't want to be a fish in his pond.

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Exotic, indeed! Bunch of weird animals. Bunch of cute kids!

Allie Thornbrue said...

I've always wanted a pig.